(To Take Care Of)
Whether newly diagnosed or multi-year HIV survivor, living with HIV/AIDS can be confusing and involve a wide variety of issues.
Together HIV positive clients and their case manager plan and coordinate with the appropriate services and resources that might be needed to achieve a healthier life.
Culturally sensitive and confidential support is offered individually and or as a group through different activities, such as client retreats, crafts and educational sessions.
IPTF Case Management services increase and sustain emotional well-being, provide psychological and emotional support. These opportunities include talking circles, Ceremonies and traditional feasts which help to reduce social isolation, stigma and promote general well-being.
CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES:
- Getting individuals linked to care
- Provide transportation to and from Medical appointments and Food Shelves
- 10 Ride bus passes to assist with medical transportation
- Access to Health Insurance
- Referrals to Every Penny Counts and Aliveness and other agencies
- Cultural/emotional support and health education/risk prevention services
- Housing Referrals
- Assisting in filling out paperwork
- Access to traditional/spiritual counseling
- Locating a suitable doctor who is knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS
- Care Plans/ Advocacy
Case management provides referrals to the Bridging Project, Community Voice Mail, Every Penny Counts.
Contact Suzanne for more information by email or at (612) 722-6248.