HIV Program Manager
Project: CDC funded
Compensation: Salary Position
The HIV Program Manager Position exists to manage the HIV program services provided by IPTF. The HIV Program Manager supervises and coordinates HIV testing and counseling, client navigation, High Impact Education, and Support Services such as Willow.
- Provide leadership to HIV program staff to assure goals and objectives are met.
Supervise HIV Staff and oversee quality assurance in testing and navigation services
- Manage the budget; Approve expenditures and reconcile employee expense and travel
- Coordinate services between testors, navigators and case management including services for high risk negatives and positives (ARTAS, Clear, Heart and Peer Support)
- Develop social network outreach and testing strategies
- Prepare reports to CDC and Minnesota Department of Health.
Must have Health Related Degree & Supervisory Experience.
Program Manager Reports directly to the IPTF Executive Director.
HIV Rapid Tester/Out Reach Coordinator
Hours: Part-time, Monday-Friday, Hours: 35 hours per week
Compensation:Salary is dependent on qualifications – Health and Dental provided after probation period.
This position exists to prevent HIV among the Indigenous populations by providing
pre and post-test counseling, Rapid HIV Testing, Navigation services to HIV clients.
This position provides for Native Cultural educational sessions and activities.
- Participate in training for Rapid HIV Testing with MDH
- Participate in training on HIV/AIDS, STD’s and related epidemiological
- Conduct outreach to promote testing in Native community venues, events, and social networking for High Risk negatives
- Provide transportation for positive clients to medical appointments
- Create and assist with native cultural events and meeting once a month
- Conduct Rapid HIV/AIDS testing and counseling
- Complete a minimum of 70 tests per month/ 840 tests per year
- Makes referrals to other services, such as other sexual diseases clinics or hospitals
- Connect clients to linkage to care and other services as needed
- Create and assist with organizing support groups for positive clients
- Recruit and Facilitate High Impact groups-HIV Educational Group Sessions
- Responsible for recruitment of high risk clients
- Recruit and train high risk clients to serve as recruiters in the community
- Participate in IPTF staff meetings
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director
- Understanding/familiarity with HIV/AIDS infection, modes of transmission, course of the disease, risk factors, prevention and techniques and risk reduction methods
- Be trained in, or willing to participate in in-depth training to conduct Rapid HIV tests with community members
- Experience working with the Indian community is a must and knowledge of resources and outreach services
- Experience, skills and sensitivity in counseling around sexual and other risk behaviors
- Respect for confidentiality issues and guidelines
- Must possess a valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Have a reliable car for transportation if company vehicle is not available
Reports to HIV Program Manager
Job postings are open until the positions are filled.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Sharon M. Day (SharonD@indigenouspeoplestf.org) or mail to:
Indigenous Peoples Task Force
1335 E 23rd St. Minneapolis, MN 55123
Attention: Sharon Day